Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix And Her Nightmare
• Winner, BEST DESIGN, indiePub's 3rd Independent Developers Contest
• "Magnificent presentation. A solid implementation of intriguing game play." - indiePub
• "An exceptionally unique puzzle game. One of the best I have played. 9 out of 10" - The Astringent Gaming Journal
• "Unusual and intriguing. 'Vanessa' quite frankly had my vote for best overall game." - The Game Reviews
Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix And Her Nightmare is a 2D platform game mapped to a 3D cube. Players control Vanessa, a young girl with a penchant for puzzles. One day, while exploring her father's antique shop, she discovers a mysterious, mechanical box. The device magically sucks Vanessa and her world inside. Now, Vanessa must use her considerable puzzle-solving skills to twist and turn her way to freedom, in this award-winning game from independent developer Bad Pilcrow.
Across more than three dozen levels, players must guide Vanessa from her starting position to an exit. Standing between Vanessa and freedom are a number of classic platforming mechanics, including spikes to avoid, blocks to move, and enemies to dodge. The twist? Her two-dimensional world lies on the surface of a three-dimensional cube, and players must rotate each face to find clever solutions to a wide variety of problems.
The game is framed by gorgeous cut scenes from lowbrow illustrator Kyle Leavitt. The intriguing and macabre images set the stage for Vanessa’s story: a tale of an eccentric girl who learns to use her powers for the benefit of everyone – even those pesky bullies whose actions caused the central conflict.
Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix And Her Nightmare features an online leader board to empower competitive gamers. By improving their time and number of turns in each level, players may increase their scores and work their way up to the Top 25.
For gamers that have mastered the thirty-six story levels, Vanessa also features download-able content. Players may go online to access even more challenges, further extending the entertainment value of the game.
Music from acclaimed underground artist Telethon drives the memorable soundtrack – a blend of classical Baroque and 8bit nostalgia. The Astringent Game Journal writes, “It is definitely a soundtrack that both stands out on its own, and serves as an excellent complement to the dark atmosphere the game exudes.”
Young or old, hardcore or casual, there’s something for everyone in this clever game. Without a doubt, you’ll find yourself happily trapped in Vanessa’s nightmare!
• Thirty-six mind-bending levels of pure fun
• Innovative 2D puzzles mapped to a 3D cube
• Award-winning game design
• Online leader board for competitive play
• Access download-able content for additional levels
• An intriguing story for the kid at heart
• Music from acclaimed underground artist Telethon
• Gorgeous visuals from lowbrow illustrator Kyle Leavitt
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8 32 bit,
- Windows 8 64 bit,
- Windows 7 32 bit,
- Windows 7 64 bit,
- Windows XP,