The mechanics of Ballastic are simplistic yet addictive. Grab onto the handle that the ball is attached to and drag it around the screen using your mouse, or your finger if using a touch-enabled device. The objective is to demolish as many items as possible before the string snaps or your time runs out.
As the game progresses the ball becomes increasingly heavier, making it more difficult to keep it under control. To further challenge the user, certain items will spawn additional weighted balls to the string, which multiply future points while making the game even more challenging.
While dragging the handle around the screen, the ball(s) attached to the elastic will react to your every move. If you provide too much momentum, the rope will give way and snap. To earn the greatest number of points you must try to stretch the elastic rope as far as possible without breaking it.
The game's scoring formula relies heavily on the length of the string upon impact; your score will increase greatly as you become more skilled. Rack up killer combos by collecting multiple items quickly and with high elasticity.
Some of the features of this early version include:
- Simple online high score system that allows you to view the top ten players of all time, or by specific date range.
- Local high score system for competing directly with friends and family.
- Hypnotic and relaxing effects and background blends.
- Six different types of collectibles.
- Modern graphics designed for widescreen and HD monitors.
- Extra visual enhancements for Ultrabook™, such as the use of the accelerometer and light sensor to manipulate the background effects and theme (day/night).
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8 32 bit,
- Windows 8 64 bit,
- Windows 7 32 bit,
- Windows 7 64 bit,